Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beach Chic: Black & White

Trending big for 2013, Black & White does not have to be relegated to the streets; where the sand meets the surf is the perfect place to express your 'chic-ness'.  Beachwear has a laid back feel with it's carefree cuts and easy going silhouettes; mixing and matching to create a one-of-a-kind look, is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1.  Handmade Beaded Top
2.  Side Tie Swim Shorts
3.  Beaded Foot Thong
Beach Chic is easy to achieve if you keep in mind that you are at the beach!  You go to the beach to enjoy yourself and relax, and nothing says fun more so than this beaded cover-up (1).  With it's colorful beading and slit back design, a cool, Caribbean vibe is in order.  Swim bottoms in a boy short cut and tie-scrunch sides (2) are flirty without showing too much skin...cheeky bottoms are just as sexy as barely there bikinis!  As a self proclaimed Shoe-A-Holic, I relish the opportunity to wear a pair of shoes, but on the beach, these sole-less foot thongs (3) are quite possibly the next best thing!

1, 2, 3 Chic!



How I Styled It?

Confession time, my fellow Chic-sters... I have always wanted a beaded top!  Long ago, I watch my aunt sit at her dining room table and make two for my older cousins, one black and the other white, and they were magnificent.  Fast forward to last week when my aunt, also a Chic-ster, made my childhood wish come true, and as a bonus, this gorgeous black and white toe thong, I had been searching for!  For today's 1, 2, 3 Styling, I wanted to illustrate the fact that one's styling opportunities need not come to a halt when one goes to the beach...Fashion doesn't take a holiday and nor should one's Chic-ness!  I'm crushing on this outfit so much, that I am headed out to find beads to add to my swim bottoms and bikini top!  SN

Molto Grazie, Zia!  Un Bacio!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment