Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Trend Chic: Denim Dress

Reinvented for 2013, trend chic for the summer is denim.  From chambray separates to denim-on-denim styling, the resurgence of this enduring fabric makes its mark in a tailored silhouette of a denim dress.
1.  Sharagano -Belted Sheath Dress in Ink
2.  Fergi Italia -Oxblood Clutch
3.  Steve Madden: P-Faraa in Taupe
Flexible and versatile, a denim dress (1), is a fantastic alternative to a Friday dress down ensemble.  Paired with patent accessories, the red clutch (2) as another dimension of color to the dress, while the neutral colored pumps (3) add effortless style.
1, 2, 3 Chic!

1, 2, 3 Chic!



With the accessories, I drew from the details of the dress; the silver buttons on the faux pockets are perfectly accessorized with bold silver jewelry: a turquoise statement necklace, a mother-of-pearl statement ring and a filigree detail cuff.
 
How I Styled It?
In today's 1, 2, 3 Styling, I wanted to test out the neutral shoe theory: neutral goes with everything!  And after today, I'm not exactly sure.  Preferring a pump and dress combo (over pumps and pants), I went with a go to fabric favorite of mine -denim.  For the clutch, I chose a patent finish (a similar finish to the shoes), but in a contrasting color.  Overall?  I'm not sure.  My original thought with these shoes were to wear them with pants that had a similar neutral color throughout, and the next time I wear these shoes, I'll try them with a brighter outfit!  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment