Sunday, March 10, 2013

Winter/Trend Chic: Buckled Boots

One of the hottest trends with boots this 2013 Winter season is buckles; functional or just for embellishment, buckles (and the more of them) give boots an edginess turning ordinary footwear into an eye-catching, jaw-dropping statement making piece.

1.  Pleaser -Milan (2015) Buckled Boot
2.  Ruffled Collar Wool Coat
3.  Old Navy -Sweetheart Skinny Jeans in Black
With a pair of statement boots like these Milan Boots from Pleaser in a high gloss finish and 5 stacked straps and silver buckles, it is important to let them have center stage; competing statement pieces will have a tendency to drown each other out, as opposed to letting them speak for themselves, so I created a monochromatic-flat finish canvas with the black skinnies (3) and wool coat (2) against which the high gloss boots and buckles could shine...and say, "Look at me!"

1, 2, 3 Chic!

1, 2 3 Chic!
Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle...sometimes the smallest things speak volumes, and this bracelet, I quite literally bought on the beach in Sicily (vendors, and sometimes lots of them, walk the beach selling everything from jewelry to massages), is my wow piece in a little way: black and shiny like the boots, with an abundance of silver like the buckles, it adds wow to my upper half and ties together the look of the ensemble.
 

How I Styled It?
1, 2, 3 Styling is easy when you stay with a monochromatic theme, and although black is very basic, it is classic and very chic.  Today, I wanted to look slim (black is universally flattering) and stay warm, yet stand out on this cold winter's day.  Black boots are everywhere, and had I chosen a suede or a leather pair, not only would I have blended in, I would practically disappear; these high shine-buckled boots allowed me to wow and do so both inside and outside.  The buckles, without a doubt, are attention grabbers (even under the fluorescent lights in the office), but under the bright sun, the glossy upper had several onlookers (from across the parking lot) approach me and ask where they too, could find these beautiful boots.  The fuchsia turtleneck and the emerald green bag, I used to break up the black -I wanted a monochromatic look, but not monotonous.  Styling Tip: To keep your black jeans black, dry clean them!  Black jeans are chic, faded black jeans (that is when you wash them), are not-so-chic!  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment