Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Trend Chic: Oxblood Pants

One of the hottest trends for the Fall/Winter 2012/13 is Oxblood!  Showing up on runways during Fashion Week in early in 2012, this unofficial color of cold weather is everywhere.  With it's deep red tones, oxblood is not intended to give one a 'pop' of color, but rather add 'color luxe' -giving  a luxurious element to ones ensemble.

1.  NY&C Oxblood Jean Jegging
2: Tex by Max Azria Camel colored fit and flair trench
3.  Two Lips -Clarice in Natural
To really make oxblood shine, I paired my sateen finish jeggings (1) with neutrals!  Spending this cool morning outside,  I chose a camel colored trench with a ultra-feminine flared skirt silhouette (2) and a pair of fun and flirty closed-toe maryjane wedges (3).  The stark contrast in color instantly draws the eye to the darker elements in the ensemble, which is instant chic!
1,2,3 Chic!

1, 2, 3 Chic!

A print scarf is an excellent way to add Bravado to your outfit.  Keeping with the neutrality of my add-on pieces (in order to play up the richness of the oxblood jeggings), paired this herringbone scarf with my outfit because of it's unique color scheme:  camel (like the trench), beige (like the shoes) and red (which is in the same color family as the oxblood).  Tip:  Since the scarf was tying all the color elements of the outfit together, I chose a dark brown tunic to wear below the cropped flared sleeves of  the trench!
 
 How I Styled It?
1, 2, 3 Styling is easy when you chose one piece, and add other elements to highlight said piece. While the trench and shoes serve as a neutral canvas for the oxblood pant, I added the knitted, print scarf not only break up the monotony of the coat, but to add a textural contrast the smooth, sleek material of the coat, pants and bag.  The bag, a staple in my collection of accessories, I chose to tie in the oxblood color of the pant with my upper half.  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment