Monday, August 5, 2013

Print Chic: Polyester Print-Blouse

When the weather gets hot (and stays hot), there is no need for your look to wilt; a man made material, polyester comes in a variety of weights and weaves, and when you choose one with a relaxed cut and beautiful print, your chic-ness will bloom!
1.  Express -Collared daisy Print Pullover Blouse
2.  New York and Company -3-Inch Shorts in Tan
3.  Dolce Vita -Jianna in Natural
This polyester daisy-blouse (1) has been a staple in my wardrobe for nearly 15 years.  The versatility in color (tan, brown and blue) allows me to dress it up or down in both the cool weather or heat.  Another staple of mine are these khaki shorts (2).  I prefer a longer inseam, but a clean front pair of shorts adds a sharpness to any casual look.  These nubuck suede espadrilles (3) with their lace-up, cutout design are the perfect complement to any summer outfit.
1, 2, 3 Chic!

1, 2, 3 Chic!

How I Styled It?

With today's 1, 2, 3 Styling, I wanted to stay cool and look fabulous and actually reconsidered this outfit because I thought it looked a little too dressy to wear shopping.  With such an intricate pattern of colors in the blouse, I decided to stick with a basic color in the shorts, in a cotton blend.  The shoes are such a fun addition with the lace-up front, cutout sides and back zip entry, they seemed to mesh well with the whimsical print of the top.  The satchel I chose because the ivory color wouldn't compete with the earth tones of the ensemble, and too, the lacers in the shoes are the same hue!  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment