Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Chic: Eyelet Linen Jacket

Linen separates are a great way to go when dressing in hot weather; not only do they keep you cool, but they maintain their shape very well.  While wearing a jacket in the summer is not commonplace, and eyelet piece is a clever wardrobe addition, providing enough ventilation in the heat and yet it's warm enough to fend of the chill of air conditioners.
1.  Spiegel -Eyelet Linen Jacket
2.  Converse One Start -Eyelet Pintucked Blouse in Jade
3.  Old Navy -Linen Trapunto Stitched Shorts
Matching fabrics, in this case linens and eyelets, is great way to stay cool and look sharp.  This eyelet jacket (1), I paired with the eyelet shirt (2) because of the circular eyelet pattern repeated throughout both.  I chose the linen shorts (3) to pair with the jacket because of their similar lightweight construction.
1, 2, 3 Chic!

1, 2, 3 Chic!


These accessories encompass the entire color scheme of the ensemble: Neutral Tan, Jade and Black. While color-blocking is relatively easy to pull off, color-blocked accessories prove to be somewhat difficult.  The first tip I gave on how to match a color blocked purse to an outfit was to split the accessories: match one color to your belt and the other to your shoes.  My second tip would be to build your wardrobe about the color blocked piece.  Although tan is a neutral color and can be paired with anything, the tan and jade pairing would not have been a natural choice for me, but they look amazing in the ensemble.  As for my shoes, I learned a long time ago, to look taller, one should match their shoes to their bottoms!
 
 How I Styled It?

I guess if I had to name this look, I would call it Two Neutrals and a Color.  Still relatively new to mixing colors and neutrals, this ensemble seems to work.  Why?  I'm not exactly sure, but I'll try to explain.  Neutrals match: black and white, black and brown, black and navy, and as pictured here, black and tan.  Neutrals have the uncanny ability to 'go with everything', so it would make sense that if the jade blouse can be paired with the tan jacket as well as being paired with the black shorts, then these three colors could be combined to form one chic outfit!  SN


No comments:

Post a Comment